School Menu and Meals
Free School Meals are available to ALL children from YR-Y2. There is no payment required. With hot meals, there are always two options, and there are sandwiches and jacket potatoes too, although these need advanced notice – please speak to Lesley Staniforth (school cook). Anyone who would like to discuss menus can pop in any morning to see Lesley (or call on 247-3826).
There is also a delicious salad bar available, with attractive dessert choices too, as well as infused water. Salad is unlimited and in addition to hot meals - children help themselves to this.
In KS2, dinners cost £3.25 per day, payable for the week ahead on Mondays through the school office.
Your child may be able to get free school meals if you get any of the following:
- Income Support
- income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance
- income-related Employment and Support Allowance
- support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
- Child Tax Credit (provided you’re not also entitled to Working Tax Credit and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190)
- Working Tax Credit run-on - paid for 4 weeks after you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit
- Universal Credit - if you apply on or after 1 April 2018 your household income must be less than £7,400 a year (after tax and not including any benefits you get)
PLEASE fill in the form if this applies to you (available on the Letters and Forms tab). If you need a hard copy, please collect one from the office. Thank you.
If the above criteria also applies to infant children, please fill in the form anyway, as it will attract additional funding to the school that will be ring-fenced and spent on educational provision for your child (see Pupil Premium tab under 'Our School').